The Quemoy (Kinmen, Jinmen) Troops Headquarters, built between 1573 and 1619, originally was a study named "Tsung Ching Hsuan" belonging to Hsu Chie, a scholar in the Ming dynasty. In 1682, Chen Lung, Commander of Quemoy, relocated his office from Quemoy Castle to Houpu, and used Tsung Ching Hsuan as the Quemoy military and political center in the Ching dynasty. The Quemoy Troops Headquarters is of great historical value as it is the only traditional official troops headquarters across Taiwan and Fujian. It has been renovated and extended many times since its establishment, and therefore, it is unlikely to know the original form or layout of the building. Now there are four parts of houses with
courtyards in between. The front houses were used as offices, and the rear as an official residence. The facade of the front house is named "Shan Chuan Men" (a façade divided into three parts). Behind the facade is a great hall used as the main office. The rear houses are where officials lived. There are also wing rooms with passages on either side of the houses as subordinates' offices. In front of the houses
is a large walled square, which is rarely seen in Houpu. Within the square, there are big banyans providing leafy shade. Since the establishment of R.O.C., the Quemoy Troops Headquarters has been playing such roles as offices of Kinmen County Government, Kinmen Defense Ministry, Fujian Provincial Government,
and Kinmen's Military and Political Committee. Therefore, it is of special historical significance. Now it is used as an exhibition center for the military and political history of the Ching dynasty.