Lu, Ruo-teng, also named Hsian-chi, Hai-yun, and Mu-chou, was born in Hsianchu (now known as Hsiantsuo). After passing the imperial examination in 1640, Lu later on followed King Lu, King Kwei, and Koxinga to fight against the Ching people. He was a loyal military minister to the South Ming dynasty. As a
productive writer, he proposed renovating the Hai Yin Temple in 1661, and two of his famous works were Fund-raising Prose for the Tai Wu Temple and The Tai Wu Temple Reconstruction Inscription. Lu's residence is a vernacular building with courtyards. The external design is simple and modest, and only one tablet reading "Liu An Ku Chu" is hung above the gate. The main house has a rising-ridged roof, and there are no delicate decorations except the "卍" motifs shown on the mirror walls of the central hall. The east-facing tomb is on a piece of low-front and highback land on the hill in back of the village. The granite tombstone has square top corners. The inscription includes four vertical lines of words; the two lines in
between are carved in intaglio regular script, with the character "Feng" on the left side and "Yi Ming Le Shi" on the right side. The layout of the tomb inscription is different from that of the usual ones in the Ching dynasty. The shape of the tomb wings is special, and no tablet of God of the Land is found nearby.