The You-Tang Villa, located in Chianshuitou (now known as Chinshui), was built in 1766 by a merchant named Huang Chun, who started his business to the south of the Yangtze River and owned eighteen three-mast ships. The villa was used not only as a residence but also as an old-style private school for villagers.
The southwest-facing villa includes two parts of houses, wing rooms on either side, a courtyard in between the houses, and a Hu-Long house (a kind of attached building) was added on the left side of the two houses. A pavilion is before the front house, and all the structures are walled in. In the past, the front house and the pavilion were used as a private school, the back house as a place where Huang Chun, "Ancestor of Ship," was worshipped, and the Hu-Long house as a faculty dormitory. What is special is an oval-shaped pond in front of the villa, and there is an arched bridge dividing the pond into two parts, one of which is sun-shaped and the other moon-shaped. As a result, the villa becomes one of the few residences
with a pond and a bridge in Kinmen. There is a well in the courtyard of the Hu-Long house. The railings of the well were made of granite bars. Next to the well is a round-shaped stone washboard, which looks modest in an old-fashioned style and embodies the way the local people are in their daily life.