“Han Ying Yun Ken” located on Mount Hsiantai by the KuKang Lake in Kincheng was inscribed by Chu Yi-hai(1618-1662), Prince Lu of the South Ming dynasty. Prince Lu stayed in Kinmen for about eight years from 1653 to 1662 and passed away there. The letter "Ken" is gone as a piece of the rock has crumbled away, leaving only an upside down inscription of "Han Ying Yun" on the ground.
Prince Lu inscribed "Han Ying Yun Ken" to express his yearning for the lost country. Also several South Ming subjects, including Zhuge Zhuo, Wu Zhao-wei, Cheng Zuan-tsu, and Cheng Zuan-xu, left some inscriptions here describing the process of following Prince Lu to Kinmen. The final few words of the inscriptions imply they were inscribed here before August, 1654. Currently, a copy of the original “Han-Ying-Yun-Ken Inscription” made in 1970 is put nearby. In addition, another inscription of the two characters “Pi Tun” in cursive style beside the “Han-Ying-Yun-Ken Inscription” was left by Tong Yang-hsian (uncle of Koxinga’s wife). Both inscriptions are of significant historical interest.