Li Kuang-hsian, also named Long-wu or Chian-ting, a native of Peishan, Kuningtou, Kinmen, was born in 1757 and died in 1819 at the age of 63. He spent all his life in the military and made various achievements as an honest and upright official. After his death, he was conferred upon a title of Chenwei General, and as
a result, his house was named "Chenwei Residence." There is no clear evidence of when the Chenwei Residence was built. It is believed that the residence might have been built between 1789 and 1794. At present, the Chenwei Residence includes three parts of houses. The facade, made of granite, lime, and red brick, looks modest and simple. The large column-and-tie construction is made of China fir. A Tu-Kui house (a kind of attached building) is added to the right back side of the residence. There is a well in the courtyard where most daily activities take place. A Taishan Shi Kan Tang (Stone Tablet), which is the largest of its kind in Kinmen, is set up in back of the residence in order to ward off evil spirits.