The Haiyin Temple is located in back of "Meiyuan" on the top of Mount Taiwu in Kinmen County. "Shi-men Kwan" is an arch stone gate of the Haiyin Temple, which is one of the 12 wonders on Mount Taiwu. The Haiyin Temple, also called the Taiwuyan Temple, was first built between 1265 and 1274. It was
then renovated in 1580, 1600, and 1661 respectively. Originally the celestial body of Tongyuan was worshipped in the Haiyin Temple, but now only Kuanyin (of Buddhism) is worshipped here. The Haiyin Temple was severely ruined during Quemoy Crisis in 1958 and was rebuilt after 1960. Shi-men Kwan is to the left of the Haiyin Temple. It is an arch stone gate with stone lintels and pillars. The four characters "Hai Shan Ti Yi" were inscribed on a horizontal board by Lu Ruo-teng, a scholar general in the late Ming dynasty. Shih-men Kwan was probably used by the people in the temple for self-defense rather than for the purpose of military defense. The scale of Shih-men Kwan could have been larger than today. It is a pity that it has not been well preserved.