Chen Chen, also named Ying-chia, was a native of Yangchai, Kinmen. He was selected to be one of the students of the imperial academy in 1515. He had two sons; his second son Chen Chian passed the imperial examination in 1526 and once worked as the prefect of Nan'an and Nanning. Because of Chen Chian's achievements, Chen Chen, father of Chen Chian, was conferred upon a title of deputy head of department of the Ministry of Justice. The En Rong Arch of Chen Chen, located in the front square of the Huishan Temple, is the only arch built in the Ming dynasty that has been best preserved nationwide, and thus it is of great value. The granite arch is made up of four pillars and two-level horizontal stone bars in
between the pillars. There are some descriptions of the honored person as well as the inscription "Kao Tseng Hsing Pu Yuan Wai Lang Chen Chen" on the stone bars. Two stone lions have been put on either capital of the two central pillars in order to replace the lost ones, but they do not match the arch.