The Tsite Temple, located by Lake Ronghu at Houputou, Kinsha Township, was built in 1876 by a villager named Huang Chuo-ke, who raised the building funds in Southeast Asia. In the Tsite Temple, Huang Wei (also named Huang Yisou, a native of Wenshui), a person of virtue in the Ming dynasty, is worshipped.
There are lots of legends of Huang Wei and Hsu Chie, both of whom were born in the Ming dynasty as natives of Kinmen. The former was famous for his noble character, and the latter for his writings. Huang Wei was praised as "a perfect person of virtue," and therefore, the temple was named after his character (Tsite means virtue). There are two concave entrances in the Tsite Temple, while the center in between is used as a main gate. The temple includes two parts of houses. The front house has a raised-ridged roof (a roof divided into three parts, and the middle one is higher than the other two), and a "Chuan Gazebo" is used to connect the front house with the rear house. On either side of the gazebo is a courtyard. The
entrance of the rear house is built as a rolling-canopied pavilion. The temple is not different from others in Kinmen in terms of the building layout and materials. However, it features delicate koji pottery, figure decoration in porcelain, and stone carving. There are six pieces of koji pottery seen on the dragon-tiger wall, the mirror wall, and the blocking wall respectively, all of which are vivid works. The dragon figures on the ridge of the roof are all made in porcelain. In addition, there are delicate stone carvings of stories or auspicious images, such as lotuses, cranes, deer, magpies, or horses, all over the temple.