首頁banner
* :::You are here:Home
 

facebook facebook
Text Size: S M L
ForwardPrintBack
Tomb of Chen Chen
Tomb of Chen Chen(view the full size image in the new window)Tomb of Chen Chen(view the full size image in the new window)

Chen Chen, also named Ying-chia, was selected to be one of the students of the imperial academy in 1515. Chen Chen was conferred upon a title of deputy head of department of the Ministry of Justice because of the achievements of his son Chen Chian. The Tomb of Chen Chen, built in 1526, is located on Mount Huanglong between Pupian Village and Houchai Village at Kinsha Township. The tomb with a mountain in the rear and a river in the front is viewed as an auspicious tomb pit called "Hsian Ren Fu Chang," which is one of the four auspicious graveyards in Kinmen. Many parts of the tomb, including the protective wall, the tomb gazebo, the tombstone, the altar, and the tomb hands, are made up of granite
bars or lintels. The protective wall includes three sets of the following parts on either side: the footing, the wall, and the top protective eaves. There is a stone gazebo with a granite hip roof in front of the protective wall. A stone tablet is placed inside the gazebo. In addition, there are stone goats, stone horses, and stone
pillars in pairs placed in front of the tomb. The style of these stone sculptures is similar to that seen in the Tomb of Chen Chian. Both of the tombs are typical of those built in the Ming dynasty.

Visitor:2352 Update:2008-12-13 TopPrintBack
::: Privacy and Security PolicyAccessibility