The Kuante Bridge, located outside Kaokeng Village, Kinsha Township, was built by Tsai Hsing-you in 1850. It is the only stone bridge built in the Ching dynasty in Kinmen that still remains intact. Kinmen was under the authority of Tong'an County before 1915. In the past, the bridge connected Quemoy Castle in
southwestern Kinmen island with Kuan'ao in the northeast. At that time, Quemoy Castle was the largest military center and had the largest fair all over the island, while Kuan'ao had a ferry port closest to mainland China and became one of the supply depots. The bridge was built over a road called "Kuan Tao" (official road), which was a shortcut between Quemoy Castle and Tong'an County. Nowadays,
the official road no longer exists, but some traces can still be found, such as the arches, road signs, mu tao pei (a tablet used as a road sign for a tomb), or bridges. For example, two ancient bridges built in the Ching dynasty can still be seen today, including the Kuanlan and Kuante bridges. The Kuanlan bridge has been replaced by a new one, while the Kuante Bridge is still over a ditch outside Kaokeng Village,
Kinsha Township. The Kuante Bridge, which includes the bridge floor, the piers, and the wall decorations, is made of granite stone. The bridge floor is made up of four pieces of granite stone. Stone lions in a pair are standing on one side of the bridge, while lotus pillars in a pair are placed on the other side of the bridge. Originally there were stone railings on the bridge, but they no longer exist now. A stone tablet inscribed with "Kuante Bridge" is placed nearby. There are also stone lions and peach-shaped pillars in pairs on either side of the bridge. The bridge floor is supported by one pier on either side.